Don't let excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) affect your self-confidence and quality of life. Turn your life around with a simple non-invasive procedure. Book Now and get No-Sweat Guarantee!
What is hyperhidrosis treatment?
Hyperhidrosis is the medical term for excessive sweating. Hyperhidrosis is a condition affecting millions of people around the world. Hyperhidrosis can affect various parts of the body including the face, hands, feet or underarms. Excessive sweating can even occur when temperatures are cooler or at rest.
Normally, the body produces sweat to regulate body temperature. Sometimes, the nerves that control the sweat glands become overactive and excess sweat is produced. It is estimated that 2 - 3% of the population suffers from hyperhidrosis, with less than 40% of those affected seeking medical advice.
Hyperhidrosis may significantly affect the social and psychological wellbeing of an individual. It may cause physical discomfort, social embarrassment, affect occupational and daily activities, and at times may also cause social isolation.
Botox® is an injectable treatment that helps manage the symptoms of excessive sweating. It works by blocking the nerves that supply the apocrine glands (sweat glands) in the armpits thus preventing them from producing sweat. The body areas that can commonly experience over active sweat glands are: the under arms, palms, feet and forehead.
INDICATIONS & BENEFITS of Hyperhidrosis treatment
- Excessive sweating in armpits, palms and fingers, feets, face including forehead, nose, head or scalp area
- reduces the amount of sweat produced by the overactive sweat glands
Areas for Hyperhidrosis treatment
How hyperhidrosis treatment is done?
- On your first visit to the clinic, you'll have a one-to-one consultation with your doctor to discuss your condition and the best medical procedure for you. Numbing cream can be applied to the area for 30 minutes before although some patients prefer not to use this and opt for an ice pack to numb the area instead. Many patients do not require either.
- Please be advised that for underarm treatments, we will require the area to be freshly shaved or the hairs to be trimmed to a length of 1cm long. The actual procedure takes about 20 to 25 minutes and is relatively straightforward. Your doctor will cleanse your skin and then administer the Botuline-toxin injections.
- A series of small Botuline-toxin injections are injected to the relevant areas through a very fine needle. We will give you aftercare advice and recommend a time-scale for your follow-up treatments.
- The effects of Botox® aren’t always instant. Often you might not see or feel any changes until 3-5 days after treatment. You will notice a significant reduction in sweating. Individual results vary, but in general the effects last 4-8 months
Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis) Treatment. PricesAplikace roztoku botoxu® do míst se zvýšeným nebo nepříjemným pocením je aktuálně nejefektivnější řešení odstranění nežádoucího pocení.
Před ošetřením doporučujeme absolvovat konzultaci s lékařem na naší klinice.
- painlessness procedure.
- 100% proven effectiveness to stop excessive sweating
- quick and non-invasive treatment with noticeable result
- effect may last up to 8 months
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Infection in the vicinity of the injection site.
• Current therapy with a certain class of uncommonly used antibiotics, known as the amino glycosides.
• Blood clotting disorders or current therapy with drugs inhibiting blood clotting, e.g. Warfarin. Diseases affecting the muscles, particularly Myaesthenia gravis.
• Allergy to tetanus toxoid is a potential, but not absolute contraindication. This will be detailed at your consultation.